Re: Forget what I said before.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on February 02, 2004 at 09:45:10:

In Reply to: Forget what I said before. posted by Rick Denney on February 01, 2004 at 14:04:19:

Ho HO~~ first, glad you're getting over Low C disease (as am I.) It comes down to exactly what they say it is....if you have a free and easy buzz on the C with no tightness, the tuba will not fight you.
And....I have played one of those old B&S Symphonies, and yes, they do project, and the low C is easier than it is on a lot of the newer rotaries. I'm not sure whether it's a design difference or if it's just that they've been "played in" for so many years.

And, heh, glad you're recognizing the Vanilly flavor of the 621 (sorry, couldn't resist....)

I'm using my 184 on the Eb part in brass band, except for when I have a high solo (which is not every concert.) I am told by the band that it carries just fine as I blow the Eb altos off their chairs (and they like the good downbeat, for some reason.) (for the high solos, yeah, I still lug my 182 there for that.) I would, in retrospect and if I were going to limit myself to brass band, go for a very solid Eb tuba. But this spring somehow I ended up being the tubist for _both_ community orchestras here (I can't figure out why...there must be a zillion tuba players here...why me?) so I am much busy on the CC.

:))
MA

Follow Ups: