Re: ArmyBand Conference Ideas?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on February 02, 2004 at 15:09:59:

In Reply to: ArmyBand Conference Ideas? posted by JayW on February 01, 2004 at 18:02:19:

I was in the exhibit hall all weekend so I was not at any session but heard a lot of talk going on.

The main gripe is that there was so much great stuff going on Saturday that it might have been overkill. Brian Bowman, Harvey Phillips, Marty Erickson and Gene Pokorny - that was just during the day! By comparison Friday didn't have much. Seems they should have changed something from Saturday to Friday.

Every year comes the complaint about eating. The bowling alley is the only place but they are not very fast. Combined with the lack of time due to the schedule, there were those who felt they were forced into skipping something.

With the live broadcast over the net it would have been great if there would have been a place in the exhibit building that this could be broadcast. I had my laptop there which detected a wireless connection (0f 2 mps) but I couldn't connect. I listened to the second half of the concert on the net Saturday night - a great use of the net but we must be careful. Used as a one time only played in real time it works. Archiving for future use will create problems - less people attending and diminishing the market for masterclasses. Some would say why hire the guy to come to us when we can pull it off the net for free. Also creates copyright problems - while a great tool, it has the potential to put every conference in the world out of business.

Follow Ups: