Re: Re: Question about Tuba Buying

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on February 04, 2004 at 12:32:38:

In Reply to: Re: Question about Tuba Buying posted by Rick Denney on February 04, 2004 at 11:59:30:

Thanks for the input, Rick. I might send an e-mail to the folks at Jupiter to see what their standards are in this type of matter.

As far as your advice on my horn of choice, I have already traded e-mails with Matt at Dillon Music and he seemed to think that the 482 was a good match for my needs/budget. I only play in a quintet and only for fun (i.e. none of us are exactly virtuosos). I have no plans to play in a larger group where I would want/need a larger horn or bigger sound. I also have no delusions about becoming the next Arnold Jacobs and I really doubt that the horn I play on will ever be the limiting factor in how good a player I become. I like the 3/4 size horns for the simple reason of portability. For a while I was playing on a borrowed Yamaha 321 and to get it to and from rehearsals I had to take it out of the case which kind on defeated the whole purpose of having a case.

Thanks again Rick. I really enjoy reading your posts and find them very educational.

Mike "always looking for a bargain" Eldridge

Follow Ups: