Re: Re: Re: Besson CC at Army Conference?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by potential-yes on February 06, 2004 at 09:27:19:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Besson CC at Army Conference? posted by Jay Bertolet on February 06, 2004 at 08:38:49:

no one is arguing that the design has potential, I just don't think they'll ever produce it in a way that's cost-effective and results in uniformly excellent tubas like the one your student has..
Jay...another horn comes to mind that was very highly-touted, but now that its "available"....no one babbles about 'em much. THAT horn is the little phillips "holton" - SURE theres a good one here and there, but uniformity of the product is not something they're known for, right?

If Besson is actually able to produce uniformly-good, production line horns, they'll really have something they can sell. I think the wide-spread LACK of availability
of these as production-line horns makes it pretty obvious they don't have that "mass-produced-for cheap" capability today. For me, knowing how all those guys historically approach business, I am not inclined to think they will ever attain that capability.

dp

Follow Ups: