Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where can I get parts for this?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on February 13, 2004 at 17:07:24:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where can I get parts for this? posted by Daniel C. Oberloh on February 12, 2004 at 02:50:55:

Dan, I can understand your attitude about this because they don't have the panache of all-metal linkages. Were I in your shoes, I would not offer them to customers off the street, because they just don't look as good as the factory stuff. But they work beautifully and are more durable than the official stuff. I installed them on about five instruments about a dozen years ago, some of which get regular professional use, and they are still in service with virtually no maintenance and no complaint.

I'm getting ready to install them on my new B&S, which has the traditional pinned joint on one end and crappy ball joints on the stop arms. Yes, I could use a swaging tool to tighten the tubes over the pins, but eventually it would wear again and I consider the Dubro joints to be a permanent fix.

Rick "who can do this himself for a few bucks without a lathe, a torch, or risk" Denney

Follow Ups: