Re: Selling Willson's????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt S. on February 14, 2004 at 00:45:26:

In Reply to: Selling Willson's???? posted by Willy on February 13, 2004 at 09:30:21:

I think that the problem is that people aren't willing to work hard enough to make the horn sound good. Yeah, I can pick up a PT-6 and sound great all at once, but I could never sound as good as I do on my 3050. The softs are incredible (you actually have to practice playing as softly as possible; something most people won't do), and the louds are dominating when needs be. I'll be going to law school in the fall, and was thinking of selling mine. The word leaked out around the School of Music and before I knew what was happening, I had 3 offers for my horn (it is a rather great pick). Can you honestly say there's something wrong with it? I didn't think so. Also, the myth going around that it takes more air than a PT-6 is just that; a myth. The Willson has a smaller bore and smaller valve set than the PT-6. You can actually put the Willson tuning slide inside of the PT-6. The PT-6 uses more turns to increase resistance for quicker response, while the Willson relies on the smaller bore to reach the same conclusion. BTW, the best horn I've had the privilage to play was a 4/4 "handmade" Nirchl, in raw brass. It was an absolutely beautiful horn, and whomever had bought it before I got a chance to is a lucky sunofagun.

Anyway, my $0.02, hope it helps.
If you want to talk more about Willsons, just drop me an email.

Follow Ups: