Help with Ind. Study

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff on February 16, 2004 at 16:54:24:

All,
I am doing an independant study with Skip Gray here at UK. I am redoing our existing orchestral excepts for tuba book. But instead of just redoing what we already have, I am making a book not just for tuba but a set of books for the entire low brass section. I figure we all know the "ride", But how many of us practice it with the section working on blend? In the final round of any major audition you always have to play with the trombone section. Practicing just the tuba part by yourself does nothing for ensemble blend. This is the reason for the set: To have parts to make a low brass section, not just an orchestral tubist. I am asking for any and all that can help. Please email or post any or all excerpts that you know have been asked in auditions (professional, collegiate, community orch., or youth orch). Also please forward my email address to trombone players either in your section or professors at your school. Ask them what excerpts are most likely to show up in an audition. I know most of the excerpts for tuba that will come up, but any bit of help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Jeff Keller
University of Kentucky

Follow Ups: