Recent Flight on Northwest

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Phil Golson on February 17, 2004 at 23:12:06:

I wanted to commend NWA for a relatively easy and hassle-free flying experience recently, between La Crosse, WI and Tampa, FL. Due to the generosity of the performance venue, they paid for an extra seat for my Neptune and it was well worth the ease of the trip. Apart from vacant stares measuring up the dimensions of what was coming down the aisle on my back and grins and wondering "just how in the world that guy thought he'd stuff that thing up overhead," it was far easier than I had imagined. I particularly enjoyed pulling an OJ through Minneapolis-St. Paul just in time to arrive at my gate and be seats 40A and B of a 41 seat aircraft:)

Funny thing was, the first leg was on a Bombardier 2+1 configuration, and the very first attendant offered to let me put it in the forward closet--it seems buying seats for instruments doesn't happen THAT often. First time for me, in any case. The last leg, coming back into our little regional airport, I got an attendant lecturing me on flying objects and FAA inspectors, even to the point of bringing her rulebook out and pointing at chapter and verse for my edification. I said, "Ma'am, if this thing comes out of the seat, I suspect there is something far more catastrophic going on just then."

Security was as easy as running it through a larger X-Ray device, and the accompanying security guy here in La Crosse asked me which TubaChristmas I'd been to! Seems he had a son studying Toob somewhere.

Phil Golson

Follow Ups: