Re: Marine Band Audish

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dean on February 19, 2004 at 07:12:13:

In Reply to: Marine Band Audish posted by Dreamer on February 19, 2004 at 02:45:08:

I would not go expecting to win, for there are gonna be tons of players with YEARS on you--I mean 4-10 years of practicing, study, and just time on this planet.

That being said, it may still be worthwhile, even without winning. It will be a unique experience for sure, and, a few years down the road, when you do it again, you will know what to expect.

I do not know the Marine Band's policy on who gets to audition, so I do not know if they want to spend time on such a young player. They may, or they may not--I would call them (check for number on their website).

If you do go, be prepared to spend some money on the trip, a lot of travel time (especially if you drive). Also be ready to wait there all day to play. If you register late, you can wait like 6 hours or more before you play. Then, you may play for 5 minutes and go home. Its up to you if that is worthwhile.... It will be a "good experience," but it may be a short one.

Also, are you 16 or 17? You better be 7 at the time of the audition, or you couldnt enlist anyway... And, when you are 17, your parents have to sign-off on it. You may even have to be 18, I'm not sure. Again, call the band. Good luck!!

Follow Ups: