Re: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill V. on February 20, 2004 at 01:34:40:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tuba Consumerism & Emails posted by **OPINION ALERT** on February 19, 2004 at 22:44:47:

I will have to agree with you on the idea that if everyone worked in fast food or sales it would bring a new light on how people treat each other. I have worked in retail for nearly a decade and customers have no concern quite often that the person that is there helping them is really helping them fill thier need. I do a bit of business over the net and I treat each customer, whether it's a $1 or $1,000 purchase, with respect, courtesy and a sense or urgency. As the manager, I have to deal with the brunt of the upset customers and then "grin and bear it" even if the customer is bringing back a six month old pair of worn shoes that they feel "didn't work out". Because they say they will "call corporate" I am advised by my district management to give them what they want. Obviously when you wear it for six months and then walk through a swamp in them, they are not going to look nice. Not much will! I am sad to say working in a department store has worn on my health at times and even my sanity. Thank god I have my Tuba to come home to and a loving spouse. With out that, I would crack move to my parent's cabin in the Sierra Nevadas.

Follow Ups: