top-action Besson tuba cases - update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bloke on February 24, 2004 at 16:45:41:

(Thank-you very much.) The cases are going fast.

All but one of the big/tall (up to 19" bell diameter) "Besson BBb" cases are spoken for... Possibly one of them is still available for sale. I can say that IN ADDITION TO THE TALL BESSON BBb's (models listed in original post), I can state with confidence that this (only one left) case will ALSO fit the tall Yamaha YBB-321, YBB-201, and (convertable) YBB-201M tubas, along with the "clone", Weril 980. This tall Besson BBb case is only $265 + shipping. I'm willing to "Greyhound" this thing. There's a chance that I might be able to super-bubble-wrap the case (no carton) and squeak it by via UPS Ground (doubtful, though).

There are THREE of the shorter (Besson Eb) cases left (fit up to 19" bell). I can tell you that I tried a Yamaha Eb tuba in one of these cases (YEB-321) and it fit...perhaps the pad in the lid makes closure just a bit tight for the Yamaha, but the foam rubber pad will surely compress in a few weeks...or the pad could be removed, thinned, and hot glued back in place. I'm guessing (???) that this case might also possibly be a fairly good fit for 19" belled York "Monster" Eb top-actions, and Conn/Holton 19" bell top-action Eb tubas. Please refer to the measurements in the original post (linked below) to check for a possible fit. This shorter top-action (primarily Besson 19" bell Eb) case is only $225 + shipping, and again, currently there are THREE of these "Besson Eb" cases left. I'm currently trying to figure out if I can barely stuff these Eb cases in a barely-UPS-able box, but I'm not certain at this time.

Thanks!

Follow Ups: