Meinl Weston CC: LOVE THE HORN

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Antonio on January 31, 1999 at 20:48:59:

Hola Tuba Comrades...
I have just payed my first visit to Woodwind and brasswind in Indiana. I tryed out many CC horns. The ones that pleased me the most (and were BARELY in my price range) were the B & S Perantucci CC (PT-4 I believe) and the Meinl CC (don't remember the model number but it had 5 rotars and a 16 to 17 inch bell). I played the B & S and found the note were some what unclear, and I COULD NOT get the notes "A, A flat, or G" to come out clearly at all! Have any of you experienced this problem with this horn. The winner for the day was the Meinl Weston I played. The notes were more defined, and the sound more focused. I was able to hit every note clearly that I was capable of hitting on my b flat, and then some. I fell absolutely in love with this HORN! They wanted basically 6 grand for it, is this a horn worth buying (they were selling it new!). Tell me what you think, also, do the benefits of a CC horn out way the dread of their costs when compared to the BB. I found my range to be extended, but don't know if such a change is worth the extra "mula". Please give me your oppinions.

Follow Ups: