Seeking Upright Tuba Bell and Hi Jay B.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lawrence VanAmeyde on January 02, 2000 at 13:56:05:

Happy New Year Everyone!

I am usually just a lurker here on the BBS, but I was wondering someone might have an upright removeable bell that would fit a 1934 Besson BBb Tuba(I know it's a long shot, but I figured, what the heck!). The male part of the bell that goes in to the tuba is
6 1/4" across and 1 1/16" long. Right now, I have the original recording style bell, but would like to have an upright bell. It's a great horn and is a satin silver 3 valve compensating instrument. The upright bell does not have to be silver or from a Besson, although it would be nice! Thank in advance!

Lawrence

PS: On a personal note, I'm sure it's been said many times before but, I'd like to say thanks to Sean for maintaining this BBS. What a great gift it is to all of us!!

PSS: One more thing. Hi, Jay Bertolet. We played together in the Warren Concert Band in Warren, MI many moons ago. I think you even did a little conducting (some Granger, I think). You were just finishing up at Michigan and I was just about to start. I was pleased to hear you're doing so well!

Follow Ups: