Re: Re: Mouthpieces

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Brekhus on January 03, 2000 at 16:33:12:

In Reply to: Re: Mouthpieces posted by John Swensen on January 03, 2000 at 15:56:11:

Do you do all of that on a "standard" or a 7B Conn Helleberg?

I'm curious...is there a Conn Helleberg style mouthpiece out there that has a rim between that of a "standard" and that of a "7B?"

All I know is that I have noticed a big difference between a "7B" and a "standard." This may sound really strange, but my higher range is better on a "7B" but I hate to use it for anything else because I feel it is just way too small. I got a "standard" Conn Helleberg about a year ago and I love it. I think it is just the right size for me, but like I said on a "standard" my higher range isn't as good. Is this because a large mouthpiece takes more air or something like that?

Also, I think that there is at least one kind of mouthpiece out that requires you to purchase several seperate pieces to create your dream mouthpiece. I think that you select a rim, a threaded cup, and a shank that you like, and since everything it threaded, you just screw the whole thing together and have a "custom" mouthpiece.

Follow Ups: