Re: Re: Mouthpieces

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac on January 03, 2000 at 17:38:15:

In Reply to: Re: Mouthpieces posted by Barry Guerrero on January 03, 2000 at 01:14:39:

Amen to what Barry has said. An informed decision is always the best way to go. Although a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step, while on the path you may find that the roses smell real sweet at mile 130 and others may walk a million miles before they find the rose garden. As long as you have in your mind the sound that you want to come out the bell your search could be as short as talking to your teacher and living with his suggestion for a good long while. If you do not have any idea what you want to sound like then you'll be on the path for many years. Try geting specific info from the people who make the mouthpiece and why they make them certain ways. The measurements of a mouthpiece are relative to your physical embechure. I have had many conflicting view points as to what certain set ups do to your sound. This would be a great topic for all the Tech Pro's out there. I hope that alot of people respond to this as the info will be invaluable to all. My first observation is that Rim shape and thickness affect ones flexibility and endurance.....more to come...

Follow Ups: