Bach 1G BassBone/Euph MP FS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Neilan on January 08, 2000 at 15:34:00:

This is for all you 'euphers' or bass bone doublers out there -
I was going through my mouthpieces (I really don't have more than just a handful anymore) and I found a Bach 1G Bass Trombone mouthpiece that I haven't used in a long time. I polished the tarnish off it, and it appears to be in very good condition. It is the large shank, which fits large bore tenor/bass trombones and euphoniums. It was made circa 1987-88.
I am asking $24.00 for it, which includes priority mail shipping in the United States.
I believe these sell around $34-35 new, with shipping extra. If you are interested, click on my name to email me.

Thanks
Marty Neilan
administrator(AT)lynchsystems.com

P.S. If anyone cares...
There really is a 'Neilan' bass trombone mouthpiece, but it was a one-off made by Giardinelli in 1990. It is around the diameter of a 1 1/2 G with a little wider rim, a little shallower and more V shaped cup and slightly smaller backbore. It was similar to, but larger in inside cup diameter, the Giardineli 1GM. It gives a very 'singing' tone for jazz, big band, and solo playing. It is not as shallow or tight as, say, a tenor trombone 3, but it does not have the low range or orchestral sound of a 1G. And no, it is NOT a heavyweight. Who knows, maybe I will ask Terry Warburton to make some up someday. Maybe not.
...If anybody cared.

Follow Ups: