Do you have a nice CC for sale?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on January 10, 2000 at 23:15:01:

I have a student at the University who has $4000 to spend on a CC tuba. I do not know if he could put a little more money with that or not.

If he is to buy a new instrument, I have advised him that the best all-around choice is the S-186-4U/5U-CC, because of the sound, versatility, response, workmanship, resale, and intonation (a strong A- / B+ instrument for a price around the amount of money that he has to spend).

However, he is "open" to considering a used CC instrument. If you have something used in a 4/4-CC for sale that is generally thought of as NICER than a Miraphone, please e-mail me privately. No insults intended at all, but we would prefer to not consider any Kalisons, Cervanys, 3/4 Yamahas, or other instruments which have well-known major inconsistancies, limitations, or difficult problems. However, any solicitations received will be responded to respectfully. This young man needs something with at least the predictability of an instrument such as a Miraphone to advance his abilities, and an instrument that is large enough to use in major ensembles, when needed.

I don't expect anyone to give away their fine instrument, but I am inquiring in behalf of my student. As a music store owner, I have created a policy for myself that I will avoid selling instruments to my own students. I will, however, work zealously in favor of their best interests. I would accept responsibility (after a shipping company's insurance responsibilities have ended) for any instrument that, after discussion, might be sent for trial.

Follow Ups: