Re: Re: good place to try out tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on January 20, 2000 at 13:09:42:

In Reply to: Re: good place to try out tubas posted by jo on January 20, 2000 at 10:12:08:

Please don't make the mistake of only going to Custom music, or any one shop for that matter, especially if you haven't narrowed your choices down to a horn that only they carry. There are many horns that Custom simply doesn't carry and you don't want to eliminate those horns until you've had a chance to try them out for yourself. If other retailers carry the particular model you want, why not shop around and maybe find the horn cheaper someplace else? For certain makes and models, you'll have no choice and you'll have to buy through Custom but why spend the extra money if it isn't absolutely necessary?

Obviously, these are my own personal opinions. My guess is that you'll probably find just as many satisfied customers from Custom as you will dissatisfied ones. And that may be typical of any business but good common sense tells me that you should know which horn you want before you plunk down the cash and the only way to know that is to keep trying horns until you find the right one, whatever that is. Don't rob yourself of any option that might end up being the best one. Good luck and good hunting!

Follow Ups: