Everybody's doing it!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Zerkel on January 21, 2000 at 11:35:25:

Seems like there's been a rash of concert announcements, so I figured I'd join the crowd!

For those of you in the land o' Lincoln, there are a bunch of good low brass events coming up.

January 26, 8PM: Illinois State University Brass faculty present an evening of chamber music. The big tuba tunes on this concert are the Gillingham Divertimento for Horn, Tuba and Piano and the Little Suite for Winter for Tuba and Clarinet by Peter Schickele.

February 1, 8PM: I'll be presenting a faculty recital on tuba. The program looks like this:
Holsinger- Kansas City Dances
Gorecki- Aria for Tuba, Piano and Percussion
Ihlenfeld- Clouds
Ewazen- Sonata

February 5, 7PM: Tim Myers, principal trombone of the St. Louis Symphony will present a guest recital in conjunction with our trombone workshop.

February 13, 3PM: Our top two bands will present an all Gillingham program. On this program I'll be performing his Vintage for euphonium and band.

All of these events are on the campus of Illinois State University, in scenic(?) Normal, IL.The recitals are in Kemp recital hall and the band concert will be in the ballroom at the Bone Student Center.

Sorry for the distasteful and shameless self promotion!I had to hold my nose the whole time I was typing this!

DZ

Follow Ups: