Re: Re: Re: Anyone go to or know about ucf??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sage One on January 24, 2000 at 17:00:49:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Anyone go to or know about ucf?? posted by Tim Cary on January 24, 2000 at 16:41:04:

Why did you buy your own horn? Why does your community band pay it's own way? As you say, you pay for your fun. That's super! This is not sarcasm, I just think that this is the way it's supposed to be. Someone has to pay, and it should be the people having the fun. It's not even that I have so much a problem with the colleges offering some crappy horn. I'm just on kind of a one man crusade to promote the idea of working for what you want. It's achievement of my goals that has given me my greatest satisfaction.

My mother-in-law is one of the most responsible, conservative people I've ever known. She would never dream of spending beyond her means, balances her checkbook (why didn't she teach my WIFE to do that ;), saves her money, and is in every way a model of personal responsibility. Yet she consistently votes for candidates who spend like drunken sailors and enslave people with dependency. This is just so darn common, and it is making entitlement junkies of our young people. I think it shows disrespect for others when you expect less from them than you would expect from yourself.

Well, we've gotten way off of tubas. This is the last post I'm going to make, so everyone take your closing shots at me, tell me how mean, uncompassionate, stingy, etc. I am.

See you,
SO

Follow Ups: