Re: FMEA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karl Parks on January 03, 2001 at 18:19:26:

In Reply to: FMEA posted by Eric on January 01, 2001 at 23:52:47:

Here is the website for FMEA.
http://www.flmusiced.org/FMEA/fmeaindex.html
From there you can get all the info you want about the upcoming convention.

FMEA is the state's chapter of the MENC. It is made up of several music educator organizations including the Florida Band Directors Assn (FBA) as well as chorus, orchestra and elementary music ed. Charlie mentioned he will be there. The exhibitor lists also states that Tuba Exchange will have an exhibit as well as some equipment manufacturers.

Before you run off an attend...make sure that you can get in. The convention is open to members of FMEA and associated organization only plus their students and chaporones. Not sure if the exhibit hall is open to all. If so, I would not mind attending. There will be a lot of students running around because there will be "all-state" bands (9-10 and 11-12), orchestra, chorus, and other groups performing.

This is not a tuba/euphonium specific event and in fact larger than just band with emphasis on education. I do not recall seeing any performance or workshops on the schedule by any low brass professionals, but I could be wrong.

Karl Parks
Casselberry (Orlando), FL

P.S.
Charlie and Brian,
Although I could probably attend by being a chaparone from my son's school, I unfortunately can not get off work. I would have loved to look both of you up as well as toot on as many horn as I could.
Brian: While not as cold as you are used to, it has been appr 15-20 degrees colder here than usual. Hope it warms up for you.

Follow Ups: