Re: Re: Re: FMEA

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by T.A. Kliengenthal on January 03, 2001 at 20:44:58:

In Reply to: Re: Re: FMEA posted by T.A. Kleingenthal on January 03, 2001 at 16:26:32:

Sorry for cluttering the board, but allow me to elaborate before I get blasted. The big thing about the convention is the emphasis on education. There are master classes for the directos concernig things from band parent orgnization, to tounging styles to how to make obists play in tune. True, some of us Floridians go to the convention to listen in on the master classes, but most are either directors with students in the All-State groups, which last for the duration of the convention, or parents. This is what I mean by, the All-State bands are the main thing; they are they main reason most people go.

The exhibits are great! I think Custom Music had a booth last year. If it wan't them, itwas somebody with some PT's and other great tubas, both CC and BBb. The Tuba Exchange had a booth about three years ago. I hope they have one next year.If you are thinking about giong now, good luck trying to find a room, getting into the exhibits ect. There is a registration proceedure that should have been completed last sometime in November last year. If you are able to get into the exhibts, they are usualy not open on the last day. Jan. 12 will be your last day. The 9-10 All-State groups concert will most likely be in the convention center, and is free. The 11-12 All-State groups will be playing in the performing arts center, and you will have to find a ticket for sale somewhere. I hope some of you can come to the convention! You don't want to miss these exhibits and these talented kids. To intrest some of you further, The 11-12 band is being conducted by Frederick Fenell, playing Alfred Reed's 3rd Symphony, Toccata Marziale, Rolling Thunder, La Procession du Rocio, and Fanfare and Allegro. (I have a good friend in a high school band that plays a PT6P in the 11-12 band) I hope to see you all there!

Follow Ups: