Re: QUESTION FOR ALL THE MILITARY GUYS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Bratten on January 06, 2001 at 01:44:52:

In Reply to: QUESTION FOR ALL THE MILITARY GUYS posted by just curious on January 05, 2001 at 15:04:18:

The only buzzing I got to do in basic training was because my Company CO wanted me to demonstrate for him how to play the tuba. He brought me into his office, put on a march CD (he really did like the stuff), and had me buzz like I was playing the tuba part. He was especially impressed because I knew the names of the marches he was putting on. Unfortunately, he thought it was so funny that he had me demonstrate buzzing for the entire group of drill sergeants! Our Company XO told me that he played tuba in high school, and that it was by far the easiest of all the instruments to play. I don't think he liked me much :(

I will say that just hearing some good music after 8 weeks of nothing was worth the price of the momentary humiliation (I can't even say I cared enough to be embarrased).

Don't bring anything out of the ordinary (like a mouthpiece). The goal is to blend into the walls (so to speak). I felt pretty good when my DSgt couldn't remember my name in week 6.

Good luck,

Tom

Follow Ups: