Re: Ebay

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary Swart on January 13, 2001 at 02:09:37:

In Reply to: Ebay posted by Observation on January 13, 2001 at 01:48:20:

What I have observed about many (not all) seller of music instruments of al kinds on ebay is that they don't have a clue about instruments. There are euphoniums that they call tubas, tubas that are listed without identifying the key they are pitched in or the manufacturer. The worst part is though, there are people who actually bid big dollars for them, and even when there are massive dents, smashed bells and bows, and missing parts. Almost as bad is the guy who puts up a decent horn with a starting bid of more than the horn sells for. This madness is not reserved to music either. I do some wood working and find the same thing going on there plus the addition of imported tools of questionable worth selling for more than the catalog prices. One example, Harbor Freight is a major importer of Chinese goods. Some good, some ???. They have a sliding compound miter saw in their catalog for $125 delivered. The same saw is available on ebay for $150 and you pay the freight! And, people are bidding for it! I'd better shut up before I really get wound up. Buyer Beware. Know the value before you bid and don't get carried away an over bid.

Follow Ups: