Re: Re: Which CC tuba???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by another kalison owner on January 16, 2001 at 08:50:10:

In Reply to: Re: Which CC tuba??? posted by anon kalison owner on January 16, 2001 at 01:13:24:

I agree with you guys about the stuffiness. I am a grad student, and although I only played my Kalison for two years, I feel I have outgrown it. (Hence the reason I am buying a new horn.) I didn't like it, period. (I'm the other end of the spectrum mentioned above.) However, yes, some people really do like it, and that is great. We're all different. There's no sense arguing that. It just didn't work with the various physical aspects of my own playing. If it works for you, that's all that counts.
My only piece of advice, make sure the horn you get will last you awhile. Unless you have a lot of money available to trade horns around, consider your long-term goals and choose wisely with these in mind. Of course you will probably upgrade your horn in the future, but as someone on the "horn-a-year" plan, my best advice is to be sure your selection will serve you well for awhile... The Kalison seems economical, but not if you decide to buy another horn soon after because you aren't happy with it. (Ahh, if I could have only seen the future!)
Another helpful thing to do would be to consult your teacher. I don't know if you are in college or high school, but teachers can give good advice now and then... (:
just my .02!

Follow Ups: