Re: I gotta get my wisdom teeth cut out.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin Young on January 18, 2001 at 08:18:27:

In Reply to: I gotta get my wisdom teeth cut out..... posted by Mark McMahon on January 17, 2001 at 20:04:52:

Hi there. I just had mine pulled in the beginning of December, although I had only the right side pulled. The Doc gave me 7 days off my horn, but even after those 7, I still had stitches. After the surgery, my jaws were very sore. So watch out for that.

To answer your questions:

1. didn't touch my horn for 3 weeks and just buzzed during the last. I gave myself a month to recover. Now it seems like I never took the time.
2. My teeth were straight and with no problems, so there is a gap where they used to be. But since mine weren't impacted, I can't tell you what yours would be like. The only reason I had them pulled is because one of them was broken.
3. I tried to buzz, just to see what kind of healing progress I was making, at the end of the first and second weeks. I figured if there were the least bit of pain, I was wasn't going to push it. I think buzzing first before "coming back" helped my recover alot. I not quite back where I was before laying off, but a little bit of playing and alot more breathing would be good for me.

My only regrets is the timing, I was hoping to do the Army Field Band Audition, but this came up and had to be done.

Wishing you lots of luck and sorry for the rambling,
Kevin Young

Follow Ups: