Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hirsbrunner/Nirschl Evaluation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on January 19, 2001 at 00:02:22:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hirsbrunner/Nirschl Evaluation posted by Sean Chisham on January 18, 2001 at 23:41:49:

Sorry for my semantic shortcommings about "give". My intention was to express, what yopu clarified.

Starting with an example I will ask furtherly.

My samll danish town once was guested by a Brit regimental band from Yorkshire. Brit band generally are known to use cornets exclusively, where others might use trumpets. At least partially.

Of course I took a chance to ask, why the cornets had been replaced. The answer was: "Our bandmaster wants it so!" (The sound was fine , so no complaints from me).

The question: You list quite a range of brands provided for military tuba players. What are the decisive factors of choice:

The wishes of the specific player getting the new tuba?

The wishes of the section leader?

The wishes of the bandmaster?

Or are economics a play? End of budget year and so on?

In Denmark at least the royal guard has street/parade instruments as well as concert instrument.

In the woodwinds the new instruments generally start in the concert hall, and go via ordinary parade instruments to rainy weather parade instruments. (The 2 golden flutes have not beennseen in the streets so far!)

In the low brasses the concert instruments generally are larger and heavier, than the parade instruments. Horns usually are doubles in concert and single Bb’s in parade.

Are the patterns of use similar at yours?

Klaus

Follow Ups: