Silent Brass: my vote where to buy $$

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sy Lent on January 24, 2001 at 12:09:31:

Regarding buying a Silent Brass for tuba, I searched on the net to find the best price and settled on Nick Rail Music in Santa Barbara, CA. I now have the mute and would like to plug this company because the price and service were exemplary. There are a lot of us here and I think we should recognize companies such as this of offer certain products/services better than anyone else. We can have an influence on what's offered us.

I paid $339.00 for the full system with 2nd generation electronics and $12.50 shipping. When I first called they informed me they had only 1st generation electronics, but had no problem ordering and supplying the better one at no extra charge. Really, I think they were great.

I'm a full time professional tubist and have no association with them. I think I should give credit where credit is due and would recommend them to anyone wanting to buy one. Their site is:
http://www.nickrailmusic.com/
and link to accessory specials.

I would encourage anyone with equal or better experiences (prices?) to post as a followup, but would hope this doesn't become a discussion of a Silent Brass' merits. Since playing where I live is a major issue, I wanted a Silenet Brass mute. Regardless of it's shortcomings, it's worth the purchase for playing at all in my apt.

Follow Ups: