Re: Re: Re: How should I pay?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary Swart on January 30, 2001 at 20:34:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: How should I pay? posted by Joe S. on January 30, 2001 at 01:24:36:

More or less the same would be a Bank Teller Check. I use these alot when I pay for ebay purchases. My Credit Union give me 2 check per day free. You also have the receipt from these. In think on this a bit more, you might want to discuss this with your bank. Have the buyer deposit the sale price in his bank in escrow. Then his bank calls your bank, verifies the funds are there. Now you ship the tuba. The buyer might want to cover his ass too, and require his bank to withhold transfer of funds until he received the tuba and found it was to his satisfaction. If for some reason (buyers remorse) he wanted to back out, he'd have to ship the tuba back to you, at his expense of course. When you go the tuba back and it was in the same condition as it was when you shipped to him, have your bank notify his bank to release the escrow money back to him. Of course, put plenty of insurance on the horn and require a return to be insured also. This is alot of hassle, but for the money involved, it would be a prudent way to go. If you were selling a mouthpiece or some other item of relatively small value, then just use the Teller Check or Money Orders.

Follow Ups: