Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John Williams tuba concerto??????????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jon Brady on January 03, 2002 at 07:38:37:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: John Williams tuba concerto?????????? posted by js on January 02, 2002 at 20:35:02:

Really not too difficult at all. Much like the Jager Concerto, I just don't care for it. Unfortunantly, so many people think that just because a piece of music is difficult or is written by a popular composer that it must be a great piece of music. If more people would to talk to real composers, they would relieze that composers even admit sometimes they miss the mark. I will bet that the Williams Concerto does not become a standard of chamber music. Remember that music does not have to be difficult to be great. Just my thoughts.

p.s. The Hindemith is difficult but is a great work and not because it was written for tuba. It would a great piece of music for any instrument. I think we look and hope for great music to be written for our instrument that many times we over look the actual musical content of the work.

Follow Ups: