Advice on Eb or F

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Paul on January 11, 2002 at 03:56:45:

Hi I am a college student majoring in music education my instructor has asked me to go ahead and pursue a degree in performance aswell. He believes that I have what it takes to go on to graduate school. Here is a the problem we are getting into some intense literature and has brought up the point that I should add an Eb or F to my arsenal. I have played BBb alll my life and have just finished paing for my miraphone 191 BBb He still says I should be playing CC but we have come to the agreement where I am comfortable with my sound and intonation of my big horn. The question is what horns should I be looking out for I won't be able to play anything until TMEA in late February. My instructor is a fan of the PT models and the yamaha yeb 632. I have played nor heard either I have played on miraphone 1261. My intention is to use the horn in mostly solo work and in some brass quintet and tuba quartet situations. Can anyone tell me more about these horns. Are there any other horns in either key that I should give a toot. Keep in mind that as a college student I am already in debt so my price range is no more than gulp... $4000 Thanks for any advice guys
Paul

Follow Ups: