Re: Getzen/Canadian Brass CB-50/G50 Tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on January 12, 2002 at 00:43:25:

In Reply to: Getzen/Canadian Brass CB-50/G50 Tubas posted by Tom B. on January 11, 2002 at 20:53:47:

3 questions deriving from the posting above here:

There is a picture of the CB standing together with trumpeter Doc Severinsen in a large stadium filled with people, maybe at the 1984 LA olympic games. Chuck Daellenbach holds a quite large tuba with 4 top pistons. The 4th valve wrap has a small and narrow slide sitting next to the ist valve slide.

Can someone, who has seen that picture, what make and model this tuba is? I saw the pic before I really caught my personal interest for tubas, but my memory tells, that the instrument was in BBb.

Did DEG not make their own line of instruments? I remember one DEG catalogue, that hinted, that they aimed at the more ambitious end of the market. I remembered especially their flugelhorns, when Joe S took up the soprano tuba topic not so long ago.

The timegap from 1995 to 1998 might not be so mysterious. Could it be, that Getzen had aquired the rights to make and market the CB line in 1995, just to loose the interest, when CB returned to Yamaha in 1998?

Klaus

Follow Ups: