Re: Re: Old Yamaha 321 Euph. 5th rotor comp. F.S

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on January 26, 2002 at 01:25:47:

In Reply to: Re: Old Yamaha 321 Euph. 5th rotor comp. F.S posted by Roberto Llantin on January 25, 2002 at 11:00:59:

Joe Marcinkiewicz makes a very high quality bass trombone rotor (Blessing used to buy these from him for their B-98 bass trombones). The bore size of that rotor is just about right on, and tubing/crooks can be acquired by purchasing various Yamaha (or in my case Weril) euph slide parts.

I've thought about making one for my Weril, but too many folks are shakin' their horns ("Fix me" "Fix me" -- "Alice in Tromboneland") in my face every day for me to even think about doing something fun for myself.

As far as the original is concerned, Rich Matteson told me that he asked Yamaha to design this gadget, but I have no idea if that is correct.

Personally, I like it (based on the one time that Mr. Matteson let me blow though his) much better than the *clunky, awkward, heavy, and loop-y "compensating" system that seems to dominate. I like the idea of ONLY sticking gadgetry on my instrument when (rarely) needed rather than having to live and deal with it all the time for the (very very few) times that something like that would be handy.

*Yeah I know that hundreds of you believe that are in love with your one-button-way-over-on-the-side jobs, but I try not to confuse "familiarity" with "love" (JUST KIDDING !!! JUST KIDDING!!! [not])

;^)

Follow Ups: