Re: Re: One of those days..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on January 30, 2002 at 10:10:25:

In Reply to: Re: One of those days.. posted by YES!!!!!!!! on January 30, 2002 at 08:11:31:

I've been through this too; I think that your years of experience have something to do with it, and also your playing level. Like, if on your bad day you can only play at 80% of your best day, it depends a lot on what you can do at your best what the bad day will have. If on your best day you are getting it right kind of by accident (i.e., you are not yet really ingrained in the technique to where you can call it up on demand) then on your bad day, it's going to be way far away from your good day.
What I've done to overcome this pattern is to really, really pay attention to what I'm doing on my good days, so that I can reproduce it when a bad day raises its ugly little head. It's been working. And the above post is correct, a standard warmup that always gets you to the place you want to be, is essential for most people. I know someone who needs an hour-long warmup; I think that is excessive. I have a 10-15 minute one that I've settled into, that gets my technique going for the day. (And for me, it's "air; pucker; air; pucker; ...:)

Follow Ups: