Re: Re: Let the Games Begin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on January 03, 2003 at 10:21:30:

In Reply to: Re: Let the Games Begin posted by Mike Sherline on January 03, 2003 at 01:28:38:

Don hasn't played with the Fort Worth Symphony for the last season and a half, as I recall the information from my spies in the region. He was replaced for a single season by Ed [pause for senior moment--Jones?], and now it seems they are auditioning for the position permanently. I asked at the time what had happened to Don, but there has never been an answer so I assumed it wasn't any of my business.

Speculation: Fort Worth has been upgrading itself steadily since their new performance space opened a few years ago. I've heard rumors of all sorts of changes, and an expansion of the number of full-time positions. Don, like most others, was a part-timer, and there may have been a change in the position's requirements that conflicted with his professorial duties at North Texas (or whatever it is they are called this week). That's a raw guess on my part with not one fact to back it up, but it is at least plausible.

Rick "who is always amused by the greater generosity of symphony backers in Fort Worth than in Dallas" Denney

Follow Ups: