Re: bell's palsy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Call Tommy Johnson on January 06, 2003 at 13:31:32:

In Reply to: bell's palsy posted by Ben Johnson on January 06, 2003 at 12:39:44:

Ben,

Tommy Johnson had Bell's Palsy for a fairly long time about 30 years ago. If you contact him, he might be willing to talk to you about this. If you are not familiar with him, he was the 1st call tubist in the Hollywood studio scene for MANY years for both movie and television scores (Remember the tuba solos in the TV show "Cannon"? He was also one half of the Mother Ship in "Close Encounters"). Bruce Broughton wrote his wonderful Sonata for him, as well.

In 1987 he did a recital/masterclass at the Army Conference and he talked at some length on his fight with Bell's Palsy. He also had a really funny/touching story about this condition and his working with Dan Akroid in Dr. Detroit (I think it was that movie...).

I do not know his contact info, but one of his students or colleagues here on the TubeNet might e-mail it to you.

Good luck with this condition. I hope that Mr. Johnson can help you with information and experience.

Wade

Follow Ups: