Dynasty Marching Tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Billy M. on January 15, 2003 at 01:43:27:

Hello all! I just got back this past weekend from being at a drum and bugle corps audition and was able to bring back the horn that I will be marching with this coming summer. Turns out as I was looking at it, the valve casing said Willson on it and I really got to thinking... I have known for some time that DEG Music had ownership over Willson, but I didn't know that it had made the Dynasty model marching tubas by converting Willson tubas. To say the least, the effect done is remarkable. The horn has a big sound that is phenomenal. The tuning is top notch, and it's just fun to play. The only draw backs have been the exceptional weight of the horn and some stuffiness in the lower register (as well as when playing with the fourth valve). Nothing major enough to make me not want to play it, because the range on it is awesome. Highly recommended for a marching unit if sousaphones are not an option and you have enough dough to purchase a few. Expensive to say the least, but worth every penny.

Follow Ups: