Re: for H.S. band directors

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by My Comment on January 16, 2003 at 16:12:15:

In Reply to: for H.S. band directors posted by anti - N.E.A. on January 14, 2003 at 20:23:45:

As a career teacher (18 yrs.+) I have to say that I am not affected (effected?--I know I should know...but I teach math...) and have never been affected by the NEA, EXCEPT through my monthly dues deducted from my paycheck. There is nothing about the organization that has ever compelled me to teach any particular way or with any particular political slant. I consider the NEA stand on post 9-11 BS and give it no thought. It is a shame it gets so much attention. I doubt if many teachers out there took this "admonition" to heart, but unfortunately it has given the public another excuse to label teachers unfair names.

Each month I receive the NEA Journal. Aside from that, it has no impact on the way I teach. They can print anything they want in their literature/journal, but no where in the membership application does it say a member has to follow or subscribe to any of their beliefs. I am the master of my teaching domain.

Follow Ups: