Re: Re: need some help weighing options

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on January 16, 2003 at 16:30:07:

In Reply to: Re: need some help weighing options posted by Kenneth Sloan on January 15, 2003 at 17:23:43:

I was in a similar situation to you when I went back for my engineering degree. I made an unfortunate choice of university after community college, did not get enough financial aid to start my junior year, and had to drop out and work for a year. I got a job in a factory, that paid pretty well ... and sure enough six months later had to start paying on my student loans. However I was still able to save enough to go back to school and finish my EE degree, but I was VERY careful this time to choose a school based on more rational premises, such as affordability in addition to reputation. You can go to a state school for music and get a fine teacher; maybe instead of bouncing back and forth between the very expensive and the small local school....you could choose a state school based on the teacher, go live in that town for a year and work, so you can get in-state tuition. Also you could take lessons from that teacher. THEN apply as an in-state student and get the better tuition and in-state scholarships. Plus you might get a music scholarship because the teacher already knows you.

Follow Ups: