Re: Re: Re: Military Band Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A Stofer-Knower on January 19, 2003 at 00:40:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Military Band Question posted by Lee Stofer on January 19, 2003 at 00:19:01:

I've met Lee before but he probably wouldn't remember me. I respect his words here. I've known several musicians in the military who started off in a "generic" band, auditioned into a DC "elite performing machine" then promptly went back into the "cannon fodder band" simply because there's more to the performance experience than playing with the "best." When the "best" are assholes who are in a constant process of judging and comparing those around them and scurry home immediately after the concert, it can get tiring really quick. When you're "slopping" around with a field band, driving yourself to gigs, playing some community event in nowwhere America, get treated like kings and queens by the locals who view your visit to their town with a population of 1500 as the biggest thing in their history, and then go to the bar afterwards with your fellow musicians to have a good time, who needs the "premier" experience?

Follow Ups: