Re: Re: Mike Finn m.p.'s, & m.p.'s in general

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by B.G. on January 21, 2003 at 01:00:51:

In Reply to: Re: Mike Finn m.p.'s, & m.p.'s in general posted by Tom B. on January 20, 2003 at 18:23:40:

Well, I guess I dissent from you on a couple of points. First, I think that truly great horns "blow" regardless of what m.p. you put in them. That's been my experience, anyway. However, that's not to imply that one couldn't find something that works even better yet.

Second, I think that the wide/shallow thang is every bit as valid and/or useful as the Helleberg type funnels. Also, I've played several different bowl shaped m.p.'s that worked fairly well too.

Still, I appreciate your comments, as it's interesting to get the perspective of someone who does try out a lot of different m.p.'s. Your "variations on a theme" concept makes sense to me. I guess what I'm getting at is this: it seems as though some new m.p. comes on the scene, and a bunch of people give testimony that it's greatest thing since sliced cheese and canned peaches. Then, a few months later, you see bunches of that particular m.p. up for sale.

Follow Ups: