Re: Re: Penn State Job

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Erickson on January 21, 2003 at 20:15:46:

In Reply to: Re: Penn State Job posted by Frederick J. Young on January 19, 2003 at 10:25:48:

Due Respect to Dr. Young, but he obviously hasn't checked into the program for some time. Penn State has a superb faculty with impressive credentials. In recent years, the addition of Director of Bands, Dennis Glocke and Director of Orchestras, Gerrardo Edelstein have done wonders for the program. The studio teaching does not need to take a back seat to any. Langston Fitzgerald is the trumpet teacher and member of the Baltimore Symphony for over 30 years, Mark Lusk is the veteran trombone teacher and a superb musician. Lisa Bontrager is the horn teacher and another wonderful teacher and performer.(They are doing the tuba-euphonium search now of course. The string faculty has grown and the bass, viola and cello teachers again are wonderful: Rob Nairn, Timothy Deighton and Kim Cook, respectively. Dan and Eleanor Armstrong are the percussion and flute teachers, Tim Hurtz-the superb oboist, etc. etc. I could rave on, but I urge any of you looking into Penn State to take your own hard look. They added a new music building just a few years ago, and perform in beautiful Eisenhower Theater on Campus. PSU is a couple hours from Pittsburgh and Philly, three hours from Baltimore, a little more to D.C., four hours to Cleveland, etc. It's also a great place to raise a family. That's my two cents worth.

Follow Ups: