Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Houston Symphony Cutting Jobs, Salaries

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dp on January 24, 2003 at 18:42:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Houston Symphony Cutting Jobs, Salaries posted by wow wow on January 24, 2003 at 16:17:18:

To suggest there is bitterness here is just plain silly, and I won't even comment on what I feel about your tone. I will now change my position and join you in wringing my hands for those poor string players who lost their tenured positions EVEN though their collective bargaining unit FAILED to keep a contract in force. IIt IS a terrible plight that people who may or may not be competent effectively enjoy protection of their jobs simply because they have them, and enjoy the power of collective bargaining. Sadly, that power was (I guess) lost when they allowed their contract to expire. It is obvious that the other members of the orchestra placed other ideals/priorities ahead of the "need" to keep the lowest on the team from getting canned for any reason...and if it wasn't a priority of the collective bargaining unit, I still wonder why any of us SHOULD wring our hands about it?

Follow Ups: