Re: Army Reserve/Guard Bands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on January 25, 2003 at 12:16:14:

In Reply to: Army Reserve/Guard Bands posted by Scott on January 24, 2003 at 12:56:35:

Go visit your nearest guard band. You can find one near you by visiting the site below. It isn't working this morning for some reason, but it normally does work.

Ask what the "war time mission" of the band is.

DO GO WITH a national Guard band (whether it be Army National Guard or Air National Guard) because they have ALL the same benefits that the reserve bands have, but they also have STATE benefits that the reserve bands don't. (Reserve = Federal benefits ONLY, National Guard = Federal + State)

Go see a recruiter about the benefits. They won't know jack about the band system and how it works, but they'll know the benefits, commitment, and pay.

If you're thinking of school, have you thought about going active duty for a term? The pay is okay, but the $$$ for school is great. I'm getting enough so I can live like I did while on active duty while I go to school. I'm not working my way through school... I worked and now I'm able to go to school worry free.

Good luck.

http://bands.army.mil/default.asp

Follow Ups: