Re: Re: What REALLY happened in Boston

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd Morgan on January 29, 2003 at 22:18:24:

In Reply to: Re: What REALLY happened in Boston posted by Rick Denney on January 29, 2003 at 00:54:06:

"Gossip flourishes when those with the authority of truth persist in silence."

Mr. Denney, I believe that your quote says it all. Rumors and speculation will fly when the truth can't be found. I for one, have not kept up with the rumors and the "information" regarding the BSO position, however, I have read my share of posts regarding this particular gig. The general message that I derived from the various posts is that the tuba community wanted to be kept informed and since there weren't any hard facts, people started to draw their own conclusions. Some of the conclusions that were drawn seem to have been (in hind sight) correct and some weren't. Here in Alabama the latest big news in the sports world was the departure of the University of Alabama football coach. There was much speculation on the TV news and radio talk shows about who was going to be the next coach. One radio station broadcasted 2 days before the signing of the new coach, that he had interviewed and accepted the job. This radio station was just like some of those "in the know" folks. That radio station was right however they got blasted by other radio stations saying that wasn't true, when in fact is that radio station did their homework and did some investigating.

I will stop blabbering on now. I just wanted to say that I was greatly impressed by your reply to Doug Yeo's post. I just hope it didn't fall on blind eyes, seeing that Doug deleted his bookmark.

-Todd Morgan

Follow Ups: