Re: Yamaha Custom Euphonium YEP 842S

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Terry-m on February 03, 2003 at 10:22:41:

In Reply to: Yamaha Custom Euphonium YEP 842S posted by YEP 842S on January 28, 2003 at 11:16:53:

I did a considerable amount of research before I bought my 842S last year. I know that everyone has their own preferences, and some will claim that the horn they have sounds better, is easier to play, etc., but the overwhelming response I got from those who recommended the 842S was CONSISTANCY. Many people who helped me with my decision for the 842S told me that Yamaha has a much tigher quality control than some of the other manufacturers seem to have. The chances of getting a "bad" instrument are much less with the Yamaha. Once you play one of them, you will know how all of them will sound. This, apparently, is not the case for some of the other manufacturers. From what I was told, there is much more variablilty from instruments to instrument with non-Yamaha brands. As a non-professional, I wanted an instrument that I could play and not have to worry about any manipulations with my lips or slides. I have found the 842S to be a wonderful instrument to play as far as sounding the same from one session to another, even if time has elapsed between sessions (which it frequently does with me). Other than the cost of the 842S, I can't say anything negative about it. Again, I am speaking as a hobbyist, not a professional musician. To me, it was worth the few extra dollars to have an insturment that I could enjoy.

Follow Ups: