CB-50/ York bell for sale!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by michael parker on January 03, 2004 at 10:53:29:

Getzen CB-50/ York Bell
Dolly Bag included
$6600
(Buyer pays shipping)

email me for pictures.

This is a very special horn!! The bell was taken from a circa 1913 York monster Eb and was put together by the Baltimore Brass Company. The instrument has a new leadpipe that is slightly more open than the stock. This horn has great intonation and a very, very special sound! The sound is great in all registers and this tuba is very easy and fun to play! I have played this horn for over a year with the Monumental Brass Quintet and it is very much at home in the chamber setting. (I am leaving this instrument for my first love- my 5/4- and can’t really justify the need for two C tubas at the moment). The bows and valve section have a lacquer finish, and the bell has a satin silver finish with a polished inner bell and engraving. The leadpipe is raw brass and the overall cosmetics of the instrument are pretty interesting but again the sound is amazing! If you are a serious buyer please feel free to contact me offline for any questions. I should have pictures available soon and the instrument is located in Washington DC if any potential buyers would like to try her out. You can also contact David Fedderly at the Baltimore Brass Company for any questions on the horn. I recently had David Kutz (Radio Symphony Orchestra of the Netherlands) play this horn and he had some very nice things to say about it.

Michael Parker tubabike(AT)hotmail.com

David Fedderly bbctuba(AT)aol.com (410) 744-1723

David Kutz david_kutz(AT)hotmail.com

Good Luck!

Michael Parker

www.monumentalbrass.org
www.levineschool.org

Follow Ups: