A name that hasn't been heard of lately

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Katie Ruppell on January 04, 2004 at 02:18:21:

4 years ago I atteneded an Army band tuba/euph convention and met a guy whom at the time I had no idea who he was. His name was Kelly O' Bryant. I know many of you know who he is, and all about his career, but 4 years ago I had just recently started playing the tuba, and had no idea about who the professionals were... we were in contact for about three months, and then he wrote me this email about how he was giving up his career... I thought this was a major loss in both my world and the tuba world as well.. he became a good friend of mine and then he dropped off the face of the earth. He came back into my life two years later, at which time i was very happy to hear from him (this was last year) It has been almost a year since i have heard from him, but I figured if i posted a message on this board someone somewhere might know where he is now, and what he is doing. I would really love to get in touch with him, perhaps maybe he has not been such a great person to many people, but he changed my life, not as a professional but as a friend. Any stories, or information anyone might have would be of great help to me.
Thank you so much

Follow Ups: