Re: Re: Re: Re: best BBb tuba I've ever played...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bloke on January 07, 2004 at 16:15:39:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: best BBb tuba I've ever played... posted by Rick Denney on January 07, 2004 at 13:35:12:

42" or so, not counting the substantial "keel" that this particular "Weltklang" has on the bottom.

All I can say is...

a nearly dead-on scale, fundamental Bb "pops" out with me and the instrument COLD with not-my-regular mouthpiece, all pitches up to 4th-ledger-above-staff Bb are clear, clean, and easy - as if played on F tuba, gorgeous sound, nice balance of resistance - easy to control very loud through very soft, very easy to move around...what else should one look for in a tuba?...This East German tuba sounds like an Alex, except this East German tuba is light years easier to play than an Alex...

...and the same experience last year when I brought my kid's band director's old "Schneider" BBb back up to snuff.

Yeah, If I lived in the NY area and was lookin' for a BBb, I go look at the one on Matt's website (if it's still available). I probably won't have this "Weltklang" one ready for sale until late winter/early spring.

Follow Ups: