Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Soundwear Gigbags

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by curious vendor on January 13, 2004 at 10:36:29:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Soundwear Gigbags posted by Jon Meyer on January 13, 2004 at 08:41:51:

That is not a picture of the "wire" model 101 K&M. This is a very substantial stand - the 10065. (K&M also makes even beefier ones - still collapsable, but...too beefy for me.) My daughter "educated" me about the K&M-10065 (other kids at Interlochen, etc.) and had me order it for her before she took off for Eastman six years ago. The K&M-10065 holds a boat-load of stuff, sits like a rock, but folds up to nothing...and the rectangular desk supports reliably - unlike "American"-style (flimsy) fan-shaped "wire" fold-ups.

I just couldn't help noticing the irony of shopping for a baritone gig bag (just about the same size as a baritone case, slightly less weight, and less protective) and then lugging around something larger than the size of two phonebooks glued end-to-end...Then again, if you really are mostly keeping the "Voyager" at home, I suppose the fact that it doesn't fold up very small makes little difference.

I sell tons of "school" Manhasset stands every year. I could easily order and stock the "Voyager", but they just don't seem convenient.

Jon, I'll make you a deal. If you can sell your "Voyager" to someone else for a good enough price to recover a good portion of your investment, I'll sell you a K&M-10065 + carrying bag at dealer cost + shipping. If you don't like it after a month, I'll take it back with a full refund and sell you a replacement "Voyager" at dealer cost with FREE shipping. I would also reimburse you for return shipping of the K&M-10065, if you don't like it. This deal is only offered to Jon. We normally sell K&M stands for 25% off "suggested list". (Jon, shipping - to you in Cincinatti - would be out of Chicago.)

Follow Ups: